17 October 2008

"I press on..."

"Our greatest joy lies NOT in never failing,
but in rising every time we fall."


“He who began a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 1:6)

Pressing on toward the goal:

"An excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than jewels."
(Proverb 31:10)

Nice that it doesn't say "the completely perfect woman", isn't it? Sometimes I have to remember (not that it's OK to be in the imperfect shape I'm in so I don't have to do anything different, but), that it's OK to be imperfect, because my husband, my family, and my friends can see my humility and growth and dependence on God, and not some sort of put-on perfection or superiority that I don't have. I want to be like Ruth: "All the people of my town know that you are a virtuous woman" (3:11). But more importantly, I want to be like what God has made me to be. Even if I can't do it exactly right all the time, the Bible says we can all be "virtuous", or "excellent". And if the Bible tells me so, well then...


... for the righteous falls seven times and rises again...
(Proverbs 24:16)

Rejoice not over me, O my enemy;
when I fall, I shall rise;
when I sit in darkness,
the LORD will be a light to me.
(Micah 7:8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Praying, having devotions with the children, de-cluttering, meal planning

No comments: