22 October 2012

I posted on my Facebook today...


I was reminded of this sermon today, and looked it up again. This link is to a video that was made to go along with the audio recording. (Lest you feel distracted by the background noises, remember the song we teach the little children, "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands... shout, "amen!") How happy I am that my citizenship is in heaven, and I can, as a True Monarchist, say, "Long live the King!".

"Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire."
For a transcript of the words only, see this blog: http://thatsmyking.wordpress.com/words/




Michelle Sowers Maddocks Today I need to pray for those who hold up this world and its leaders as so important that they will lie for them, kill for them, or even hate and slander for them. I need to pray that their minds will be open to see what is truly important and Who is truly the King of all leaders. I need to pray that they will open their hearts to understand the needs of others, and the lives and situations of others who are different from their own; I need to pray that they will have a heart for the weak and the meek and the merciful and the peaceful, just as their King loves all people, no matter their background, no matter their creed. I need to pray for them to be good parents and friends, to be good children and wives and husbands, that they may honour their King and give due respect to one another as His Children, not tearing one another down or pointing out others' weaknesses in anger and haughtiness, but in love encourage one another as an ever present support. I need to pray that those who have placed too much importance on the things of this world - in their country, their political party, their entertainment, their clothing, their stuff - I need to pray that they will lift up their eyes to things of the Spirit, and see that not only are others in need, but they themselves are in need as well, that there are so much more important things to be spending their time, money, energy and strength on. I need to pray for others because I need to pray for my own tendency to react in anger or disappointment or discouragement or depression, when I feel I'm surrounded by hatred and lies and temporal worldliness, when I feel that those who claim to be Christian don't even understand what it really means and bring shame on the name of the Lord of all lords, and when I remember once again that I have just as many weaknesses as any other. I need to pray for others, that God will bless them with eyes that see, ears that hear and hearts that understand, so that He will be glorified. So that He will be seen as our King, now and always. Forgive me for not praying for those with whom I disagree, and who hurt me or others. Don't make God out to be arrogant and rude just because I have been. He is a good and gracious King, full of mercy and grace. May we all strive to be more like Him.

No comments: