15 May 2013

Let's Let Love Win

Biking in the rain
Photo by Dave Bryson from Your BC: The Tyee's Photo Pool.
I biked home in the rain today.
Cool tears washed over me from above
While warm wet tears ran down my face
I wept for a man I never met
I wept for a family I may never know
I wept for a 2 year old girl who will only know her dad through stories and photographs
I wept for a wife and a family who will have this pain still next week
When the rest of us have moved on to the next “news” story...
and I wept for the injustice of it all
Tim and Sharlene Bosma are shown with their baby girl. Tim Bosma has been missing since Monday, May 6.
Tim and Sharlene Bosma are shown with their baby girl. photo from the Star.com
 I find myself doing that a lot
Weeping for injustice...

and I'm getting tired of it
I'm tired of crying for children around the world with not enough to eat
I'm tired of hurting for countless women abused by countless Johns
I'm tired of words and actions that lash out but do not build up
I'm tired of loneliness, poverty, war, vulgarities, and people just watching it all happen
Idly sitting by
Distracted by Survivor, hockey playoffs, and Facebook
Overcome with bills and school and work
and we want to be better and do something but we don't
I'm tired of hate and violence winning

I want Love to win.
I want a Love revolution
Let's get rid of drive thru's so we can drink coffee together
Let's meet our neighbours and have a barbeque with them
Let's go for a walk
Let's play games with our children and invite their friends to play with us too
Let's sit with the homeless and be home together
Let's go to the senior's home and play cards with our new friends there
Let's see one another as God's children – even the ones that hard to love
Let's draw, paint, write, and sing
Let's take risks
Let's be silly and fun
Let's put on old records and dance
Let's find the hurting and love them
Let's let people love us in our hurts
Let's rip off our masks of having it all together
Let's be real and honest and true
Let's forgive.
Let's move on
Let's be let's...
Together
Let us let love win...
Please...
found on Facebook
by Gil Clelland,
of Sanctuary London, (London, Ontario)

No comments: