30 November 2007

Long Skirts - Beautiful


I've almost completely shifted to wearing long skirts. There are so many styles popular now, from denim to dressy to East Indian, that are pretty, comfortable, and I can wear all day long, every day, even when cleaning the house! And I don't think I've ever had to worry about modesty when wearing them.

Long skirts are more practical than shorter skirts too (when they're fuller of course) in winter when you can wear leggings underneath for warmth. I even have one skirt that's made of a sweat suit type material that I've worn my old jeans underneath to play in the snow! The jeans were the uncomfortable part.

Did you ever notice how jeans can crinkle up behind your bent knees when you sit, especially if you have to get on the floor? A lot of bending pulls the denim across your knees in the front, and I'm not even going to go into the discomfort around the crotch at certain times. And how hot they are in the summer time.

Modesty, femininity, ease, comfort, practicality. I think there must have been a time when I'd have said, "who me? wear a skirt all day?" I'm glad I got over it.

Photo of fleece skirt above from The Mouse Works.com

4 comments:

Offbeat Modest Dress said...

Oops. Also wanted to mention my blog: http://www.offbeatmodestdress.wordpress.com :-)

Offbeat Modest Dress said...

Lisa, just linked to this post of yours on my blog. :-)

atelierlemlem said...

Hi, I totaly agree with you! You can look 'hip' ánd modest at the same time!! I always wear skirts and I have a lot, all second-hand. Thats the way you can get nice good kwalety clothes for two dollar or so, and you even save planet earth by recycling. I come from the Netherlands, where all woman wear jeans, and I buy my clothes at the salvationsarmy. The mony als goes to help for people who need it. I seem to be one of the only ones, and I can't seem to let people understand why it feels nice to dress as a woman...
Thank you for helping me with bringing this at the attention at your blog!!

thisfieldintentionallyleftblank said...

Offbeat Modest Dress resurrected on FB.

Hi, Lisa!