06 December 2007

On Wearing Skirts


I know that not everyone who dresses modestly believes that means they should be wearing skirts. And I won't say that it's a necessary part of dressing modestly or a "rule" of some kind - I simply cannot do that. But I found that, for me, the more modestly I was trying to dress and behave, the more interested I was in "lady like behavior" in general, and I developed a stronger liking for skirts. Now, I'm not into frills and laces and all that "mush" (I know some of you might be; please don't take that as an insult! - grin), but I do like skirts.

(photo: Long Floral tiered Prairie Skirt from modestapparelusa.com)

Here's a few links that I found about women in skirts, where they wear them all the time, and provided photos at their sites. They believe in wearing skirts modestly too, so we're not looking at above the knee or tight skirts that many of us wouldn't wear either. These are just offering their thoughts to those truly considering on these things.

1. Through the week in feminine dress from the Ladies Against Feminism website

2. Another lady's week, on the same site

3. From Mrs. Catherine of "Making It Home" - her own week of work in dresses and skirts

There may be other sites out there, but I just thought it might be nice to share these so you can see what some of us are talking about when we say that dresses and skirts are practical as well as pretty.

Remember - I never said wearing pants is wrong or immodest! I do it myself sometimes. I don't think these ladies are saying that it is wrong either, but they are sharing why they've made the choice themselves. That's all this post is about - just sharing.

For more pretty and modest skirts, try the above link for the outfits in the photo, as well as these:
Hannah Lise
Simply Modest
Butter and Honey
H2O Pink Label
Ringger Clothing - Sew Modest
The Frum Attic
and this online source list of Modest Clothing
as well as A Christian Home's Modest & Feminine Apparel

Also check out this modesty in dress blog I've linked to: offbeatmodestdress


I like to provide links when I can - in this day and age, it's so sad to hear someone say they "just can't find" modest clothing. Oh, and while searching, I came across a "new" link for modest swim wear, I'll have to add to the modest swim wear article I wrote a while ago. Since it's summertime in Australia now, how appropriate that this sun conscious website is providing protective swim wear in Australia, which just happens to be modest too: sharksuit.com.

6 comments:

Mrs. Anna T said...

I only wear skirts and I love it!

prettybutton said...

Hi,
I am 13, and I always try to wear skirts or dresses. Sometimes I feel I was born in the wrong centry. I know this is more about religious matters but I am glad I am not the only one!

Anonymous said...

I love the photo you posted! Too cute. Is that you and if so, did you make the outfits? Love them!

Michelle Maddocks said...

The photo credit - which isn't of me, but arent'they cute? - is listed in the article here, but I for some reason didn't have it next to the photo. I've fixed that now. Thank you so much for commenting! :)

Anonymous said...

I loved this post because it summed up exactly how I feel about skirts and dresses too. I can never seem to find the right way to blog about how happy it makes me to wear skirts and look pretty and feminine, without it sounding like I'm anti-trousers, lol!

Can't wait to go and read more of your blog!

Love, Tina xx

Unknown said...

Hi, I am 13 and I only wear skirts and dresses. I really do love it, but I sometimes feel out of place in school when some people ask me why I always wear skirts, but I have a lot of unique friends who are not judgmental..god bless.!