29 December 2007

Men and Women - Love and Respect


For those of you who appreciate the old fashioned Biblical approach to marriage and family books by Jeff and Shaunti Feldhahn, you can hear them online at a few different discussions at OnePlace.com. Based on Ephesians 5:33 -

"Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband."

HomeWord with Jim Burns : A Woman's Guide to the Mind of a Man (Part 1) - "In a landmark survey, author Shaunti Feldhahn asked several thousand men what they really want WOMEN to know about them. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Shaunti Feldhahn about the results of her research."

HomeWord with Jim Burns : A Man's Guide to the Heart of a Woman (Part 1) - "When it comes to understand what women want, most men are pretty clueless. Parenting and family expert Dr. Jim Burns talks with Jeff and Shaunti Feldhahn - a husband and wife research team who have discovered tips for sharing with men "A Man's Guide to the Heart of a Woman."" (2 parts total)

Focus on the Family - Dr. James Dobson : What Men Need to Know About Women 1 - "Many husbands are clueless when it comes to understanding how their wives think and feel, even after years of marriage. If you're one of those husbands - or if you're a wife who wants to be better understood by her husband - today's program is especially for you. Jeff and Shaunti Feldhahn offer insightful marital advice from their book For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women.
"Men love their wives ... but they really don't know how to communicate it in a way that is effective with their wives because they just don't think that they can understand them." - Jeff Feldhahn" (there are 3 parts total in this series of talks)

NOTE - these are NOT sermon tapes, but interviews with authors. Also, the radio show websites are trying to raise money for these programs, and you will hear that reflected in the opening and closing remarks. That aside, the thoughts shared in the discussions between the authors and the program hosts may give you something to think about, and Biblical standards seem to be upheld. Let me know if there's anything that goes against God's will for marriage and family, and I will post that here.

You can listen to these radio slots on your Real Player or Windows Media, or download the mp3 for free through the oneplace website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

James Dobson is wonderful! We order books,tapes and more from Focus on the Family. Since I only courted once-my husband-I really had to rely on Biblical Marraige books to help me learn how to best make my marraige work and then when the children came along I really relied on James Dobson,Billy Graham and others to help me develop a happy Christian family with my husband as the head of the house, provider and protector-which takes a big load off of me. I am very content with being the helper. I love staying home raising my children and homeschooling. I am so happy and content. You are right about the respect-men love it and need it-just as much as women. I really love your posts. Blessings, rose

Anonymous said...

I forgot what I came her for!--My sister bought the pancake molds at Williams- Sonoma. They were on sale for $5.00. They are called Dress-Up Pancake Molds-Fashion Plates of a handbag, shoe and hat. It comes in a pink bag. She spotted the store while she was on holiday with her family and it was discounted so she picked them up for me. I hope they are still available. Blessings, Rose